Parallel society

 



This is the first time I'm writing in a long time. I recently discovered I write like I have ADHD. Funny thing right? According to the study, I write like I'm having a conversation... Low-key it's true, I write like I'm talking to the text.


That aside, I'm writing about the parallel society we live in. Where everything is set into two parts. It always ends up being "for" or "against" as the only stands you can take. Where if you're not in agreement with one side of the coin, by default you're on the other side. Nobody can be on the fence or on another coin. Every other coin is considered inferior to the two popular ones. Example;

• if you're not Christian you're Muslim (all other religions are inferior)

• if you're with God you're with the devil

• if you're not good, you're evil

• if you're not APC you're PDP

• if you're not wizkid you're Davido

• if you're no art you're science (killed off social science)

 Etc. 


It's always like this and the perfect breeding ground for a monologist mentality like this is the aimless debates of secondary school. Everything is either for or against, no middle ground or different way of thinking. If you're in the middle (making the most of both scenarios) you're "lukewarm" and would be spat out and termed indecisive and made an irrelevant person.


I'm just here to encourage you to be realistic and understand the two truths can co-exist, there's no set rule to this thing we call life. Take what resonates with you as you grow and drop what you've outgrown. That's the harsh reality that many of us aren't yet able to see. 


If you understand this you would see everything from two perspectives and thus making it easier to navigate through your path, letting you to be free and more open to change (a constant in nature). It would let you to be more Human to let you to be able to not judge anyone who isn't on your side of the coin. This parallel society sets the precedent for prejudice in humanity. 


For instance a science student Vs an art student set to debate the never ending waec question, art and science which is a better path. This small insignificant exercise or exam question is what set the narrative for arts being the lesser of both educational paths. I met this when I got to secondary school and I was on the fence as I always am, I was knowledgeable in sciences and was hardly thrown over by a science student in a real world setting. Despite picking art (which I wasn't bad at) I Still saw both as equal. And hence I was Infront of the battle where arts were made Unintelligent. I always and will always prove them wrong. This example is just as similar as slavery and racism, politics and religion. 


Aren't you tired of playing "us" Vs "them" and choose to be at peace with one another admonishing our flaws and praising our strengths. But alas it's an imperfect world, people like me will always be the minority. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online stores.

BLUE TICKS

Toxic Feminism